The 58/20 Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Nomenclature

Go down

Site Nomenclature Empty Site Nomenclature

Post by The5820ConnectionAdmin Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm not used to having a ton of specific rules, and prefer a common sense approach. Pleaaaaaase consider that you live in close proximity to the people you will encounter on this website. Use your judgment, some topics you know will start arguments no matter where it is done, and maybe should be avoided if possible (instead directed to individual/personal conversations out in your physical world). The goal is a sense of community, always.

Things to generally avoid if you can:

Anything expressing a bias towards a group as a whole; racism, ableism, ageism, etc etc... I don't want to sound pedantic but really unless you have walked in someone else's shoes, you can't really know their perspective. Erring on the side of caution is best here, since we are only ourselves, and not the people we are interacting with.

Anything overly explicit in nature, or if that's wanted I can create a subforum for that which requires a moderated access. Reason being is that I don't mind if the families wanted to get their kids involved, and would like to make the environment safe (within reason) for them to do so if they wish. They live here too.

Please put things in the right section if you can. If I need to move it, I will, but if there is time to ask you about why it was where it was I will do so.

Above all else, please understand that we are in this building for different reasons. Some of us have different levels of comfort talking about those reasons, some of us have boundaries/barriers which exist for perfectly legitimate reasons, and so on. Don't pressure/coerce/force the issue. It is important that we know when it is best to just back off or back out of a discussion; it will not always be for our own benefit to do so.

The5820ConnectionAdmin
Admin

https://the5820connection.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum